Friday, February 11, 2011

ILLUSTRATED WILDLIFE TREASURY


From 1975 - 1981 Leisure Books sold illustrated wildlife flashcards through a mail subscription called the Illustrated Wildlife Treasury.  Each card had a color photo on the front and a detailed description on the back.  Every month new decks of cards were sent out to subscribers.  Collectors could then sort them alphabetically in their official Wildlife Treasury carrying case.





I loved my Wildlife Treasury cards and carrying case.  Remember those commercials?  Oh man did I want a safari pith helmet!


6 comments:

  1. I was a subscriber! I wish I would've held onto mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a subscriber too! Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man!!! i totally had these when i was a kid... i loved reading and looking through them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have both full cases of mine in very good condition! I thought about handing them down to my kids but I do t want them destroyed! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many cards did u get up to? Would u be willing to sell your collection?

    ReplyDelete