Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A STRONG BREEZE DOWN THE LAKE

The health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar are immense.  It has been known to help with:
  • Arthritis
  • Weight loss
  • High cholesterol levels
  • Body metabolism
  • Detoxification
  • Diabetes control
  • Skin Care
  • Hair Care
  • Diarrhea
    Here is a simple drink recipe using ACV:
    • 8 oz. hot water
    • 1 tsp. ACV
    • Honey to taste (roughly 1 tbsp.)
    If made correctly, it should taste almost like hot apple cider.



    May 12 - Snowing, Breeze dn. & 35°


         Visibility was low and the ground was white when I looked out at five. A strong breeze down the lake. I was glad to see it. The chore I had to do today would be much easier because of it.


         Fried Spuds for breakfast along with the usual bacon, egg, and oatmeal.  My hot water, vinegar, and honey which I find the best drink of all.


         Chores out of the way I made ready to write letters. Add to what I and write more. The snow stopped but the wind continued down the lake. First get a fresh kettle of beans to simmering. Make the fire do double duty today. My two birds came for a hand out and were gone for...


    -Excerpt from "More Readings From One Man's Wilderness: The Journals of Richard L. Proenneke, 1974-1980"



    6 comments:

    1. Tried this out. Tasted pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awesome. I'm psyched knowing someone read this post and tried the recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Have not tried the homemade elixir yet, however, did enjoy finding your post. Be patient my friend....they will come.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm giving a lecture on Dick Proenneke tomorrow, and in the process of last-minute research I came across your post. It's a cold December night, so I gave the recipe a try. Surprisingly delicious. Dick really knew his stuff. Thank you for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Best drink ever! I learned it from the same passage you did. Everyone should try it!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I just watched the PBS documentary a couple of weeks ago. It was insane! I had no idea that he did all of this. So, I just started Google searching Dick Proenneke and I found this site. Hopefully the drink is as healthy as it says! Drinking my first ever cup now! =D

      ReplyDelete