Tuesday, November 29, 2011

SNO-SHU CHAIR


A few years ago I purchased a Sno-Shu chair by Native Designs (aka Reginald Lee) based out of Westport Island, Maine.  I am a real sucker for traditional snowshoes and thus, I love snowshoe furniture.  My favorite part about the Sno-Shu chair is that it folds up for easy storage and transport.



If you feel like going with traditional rawhide lacing have a look at Iverson's furniture.  Twice as expensive but more involved design-wise.  I definitely see an Iverson log holder in my future.  Another option would be to scour eBay and tag sales for a renowned Tubbs Sno Shu chair -- which is most likely the inspiration for the name of Native Designs' chair.  Check out the following drool-worthy photos (lifted from eBay) of a Tubbs folding Sno Shu chair.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have a pair of these that I came across recently. They don't have the base (legs) like the one shown in the photo but have the Sno Shu label on the back and fold up like the one pictured. Would you be interested in buying them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      I might be interested in buying them for my old wooden boat
      Just let me know
      Thanx, RT

      Delete
  2. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. berjer koltuk

    ReplyDelete