Tuesday, December 28, 2010

BREAKING TRAIL - FANTASTIC MONDAY


This past Sunday night, and into Monday, Connecticut had its first blizzard of the winter season.  I worked from home on Monday and right after work I quickly slapped on my snowshoes and gaiters, grabbed my trekking poles and broke trail out to Beaver Pond.  If you ever broke trail winter hiking you know the feeling.  Sure, it can be slow going at times but you know you are the only one out there and nothing beats that.


The wind was kicking across the pond and one of the beaver dens was almost buried under the snow drifts.  On my way back home I followed some rabbit tracks and listened to the trees creak.  Winter has arrived.  I got inside just as my pizza dough was done rising.  I can't think of a better way to start the week.


2 comments:

  1. We got hit with the same storm in NY. It's great to be outdoors after a blizzard like that before anyone else but a rabbit makes tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is the snow removal coming? Low 40's for the next couple days might help.

    ReplyDelete