Monday, March 29, 2010

LION'S HEAD & BEAR MOUNTAIN

Riga Shelter

Life has been pretty hectic as of late. My son is a ball of energy, trips to the ER for my wife (scary), work, more work...you know...life. My entries have dwindled recently which will hopefully improve. To help clear my head I spent this last weekend backpacking around northwest CT on the AT. I took my oldest friend backpacking for his first time. Besides temperatures dropping around the 20's we really enjoyed our time together. We drove to Salisbury and parked at the Lion's Head trail head. We hiked up and over Lion's Head, hooked up with the AT and then summited Bear Mt. This was also Chris' first time to Bear Mt, Connecticut's highest peak.  We snacked on blueberries and cheese and backtracked a few miles to set up camp at Ball Brook campsite. All in all, a successful trip.

The greenhorn trying to keep warm.


Cold morning. Great views.

No comments:

Post a Comment